I'm going to send a possibly crazy idea for an event to this list, because I am overflowing with event ideas...

I have been mulling over us planning an event after graduation to go to Atlanta to visit some cool IS places down there.

The ATL is full of possibilities:

National Archives Southeastern Regional Facility
    http://www.archives.gov/southeast/
King Center (library & archives)
    http://www.thekingcenter.org/
Carter Library & Museum
    http://www.jimmycarterlibrary.gov/
CNN
    http://www.cnn.com
Coca-Cola (has archivist/historian)
    http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
http://www.cdc.gov/

I am sure there are lots more that I haven't even thought about (post any if you know about them!). I know that it may not be possible to get a tour or visit with all of these, but we could contact people and see what we can find. I think it would be great to have something to do in the summer after graduation that involves several organizations. We could just ask for gas money and then carpool down there from Knoxville (maybe meet people down there from Chattanooga), and if we wanted to, we could stay overnight. It would take some planning, but it would be worth it if we had some interest and had several organizations co-sponsor it.

Would anyone be interested in this sort of thing?

Jennifer