Hey Everyone,

Last night at the meeting a few of us planned a Spring Break Surf trip. We don't know if it will be an official club trip yet or not; Charlie is working on that. Anyway, it is to Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina. We will be car camping right on the beach for 4 nights. I went there this summer, it is beautiful. We plan to take wetsuits from Utop and spend some time surfing. The beach about a mile down the road had 4-6 foot swells when I was there, and there were lots of people surfing. Here are the details:

-Leave Wednesday, March 14 around 8:00 AM  - Its about an 8 hour drive, get there 4 or 5 Wen. evening

- Camp Wen. through Saturday night at the park. - Weather should be great for camping...probably a little cold for surfing. There are some bars just a couple miles down the road, fyi.

- Depart from the island Sunday Morning around 10:00 or so. Be back to Knoxville by 7:00 or so Sunday evening.

If anyone is interested in joining us shoot me an e-mail. There are 5 of us going so far.

-Ross

Shred the gnar
________________________________________________________________________ UTCHC Mailing List Archive: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/utch-l.html UTCHC Web Site: http://web.utk.edu/~canoehik