The 4th Annual SMCA 1 Day Conference is just around the corner on Saturday,
February 27th at Carson Newman College.

We are going to extend our Early Bird Discount for one more week!  The cost
of the conference is UNBEATABLE!  Deadline for the Early Bird Pricing is
February 8th!  The cost of the conference is $25 for TCA Members, $35 for
Non-Members, and only $15 for students.  Get that Early Bird price and
register today!  Go to http://www.tncounselors.org/  for the registration
form. Post-mark deadline.

Keynote Speaker: Dr. Farris Jordan
Those who have had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Jordan rave about his
motivational and humorous presentations.  Participants have said, “Your
presentation was given raves by our teachers.  Your enthusiasm for life is
contagious,” and “we have had so much feedback from folks telling us how
much they enjoyed your inspirational talk!”.

A Sampling of our Interest Sessions:  Body-Mind Approaches to Helping and
Healing, Effects of Bullying, Preventing Sexual Assault, Anger Management,
Suicide Prevention, Legal and Ethical Issues, Addressing Family Stress,
Choice Theory, Reality Therapy, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Clinical
Supervision and Counseling, Cyberbullying, Principal/Counselor Collaboration
Strategies, Child-Parent Interaction Therapy (PCIT), and much more!

The Conference cost has been rolled back this year to accommodate tight
budgets.  Included in the low price will be:
•  an opening speaker who will inform and entertain you;
•  all the professional interest sessions you can attend in one day;
•  all the food you can eat (a continental breakfast, a delicious lunch, and
snacks throughout the day);
•  activities and tips for a healthy and happy lifestyle; and,
•  free parking.

We urge you to share this professional development opportunity with the
counselors in your area and encourage them to sign up to attend.  Please
pass along the SMCA Information Flyer.

Thank you for your support as we work together to advance counseling in East
Tennessee.

Kat Coy
SMCA President-Elect

Kat Coy, M.S.
School Counselor
Knoxville Catholic High School

To view the SMC archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/smc.html