On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Mary Rogers wrote:

> To all that have given suggestions, I will try them and see if they work.
> Let me give you a little history on this.  I walked into this job about 7
> years ago and the network was already in place.  All of our hard-wired
> computers use static ip addy's and there was no real thought when computers
> were deployed as to what ip to give them.  Because of that, when we went to
> implement wireless using DHCP, the network guy could only find 12 contiguous
> ip addy's to use -- hence only 12 "slots".  If I had it to do over again ---
> I'd certainly have a higher number!
>
> Thanks again to all that have given advice :-)

More advice, then :-)

You can add a wireless router that occupies only ONE IP address on the
original router, and then performs NAT for all its wireless connections,
of which it can have many.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: [log in to unmask]
 company e-mail: [log in to unmask]
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com
 street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
                 10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
                 Portland, OR  97223  USA