The Department of Library and Information Studies in the Graduate School of Education (GSE/LIS) seeks a colleague who will join us in the quest of bringing people and information together to transform lives. Specifically we seek someone who brings an interdisciplinary perspective to advancing our understanding of the organization of knowledge in the mind and in information systems and how information flows from one to the other, an essential element in this quest.

There are opportunities to collaborate with many other units on campus, for example the Department of Learning and Instruction in GSE; the Department of Media Study; the Department of Linguistics; the Ontology Group in the Department of Philosophy; the Center for Cognitive Science; and the New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences (COE)

We take a broad view of knowledge organization and welcome candidates from any of the several disciplines that contribute to it.

Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
More information at
http://gse.buffalo.edu/lis
Only electronic applications at www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=155939 (Posting Number 1000026)

Inquiries to Dagobert Soergel, Chair, Department of Library and Information Studies
[log in to unmask]  716-645-1474 O  703-585-2840 Cell  www.dsoergel.com

Dagobert Soergel
Professor and Chair
Department of Library and Information Studies
Graduate School of Education
University at Buffalo
534 Baldy Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-1020;
Office:  716-645-1474;  Fax 716 645-3775
Home:  703-823-2840;  Fax: 703-823-6427
Mobile: 703-585-2840
www.dsoergel.com