Hi Geography Majors and Minors,

Here is another internship opportunity.

Best wishes,

Shih-Lung Shaw

From: Deans Directors Department Heads [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Smith, Angela Dotsy (Angi)
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 2:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DDDHLIST] University of Tennessee Congressional Intership Program

Colleagues:

Upon the initiative of the Chancellor, the University of Tennessee is developing a Congressional Internship Program.  There are two primary goals of the program.  First, we would like to increase the number of students serving as interns with our Legislators in Washington, D.C.  Second, we want to formalize the process through which the students apply to the internships.  In order to meet those goals, we have developed the University of Tennessee Congressional Internship Program.  This summer, we hope to send five students to Washington, D.C. to intern with Tennessee legislators.  Because this is a new program, we really need your assistance in getting the word out to students who might be interested.  In order to participate in the program, the student must:

·         have a 3.0 GPA, completed at least 60 hours, and be in good standing with the University;

·         be available to complete the internship during May and/or June.

There are a limited number of need based scholarships available.

Students can find additional information and the application on the web at http://studentaffairs.utk.edu/congressionalinternship/.  The application is due by March 1, 2010.   Please pass this information on to any student who might be interested.

A poster for the program is attached.

Thanks for your assistance.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Angi

ANGELA D. L. SMITH

THE UNIVERSITY of TENNESSEE

405 Student Services Building