Dear Geography Majors,

This coming year we will be offering two new courses related to climate change, one in Spring (taught by Professor Harden) and one in Fall, which I will teach.  The Fall course is Geography 430: Global Environments of the Quaternary.  This new class will meet MWF from 11:15-12:05 in 401 Burchfiel Geography Building.  If you are not familiar with this classroom, it is a superb room for a class in physical geography because it has lab tables ideal for setting up demonstrations and activities.  My plan is to use Monday and Wednesday for lectures, and Friday for demos/lab work/videos/ and maybe a bit of outdoor work related to the topic of the course.

Here is the catalog description (which may not yet be in the catalog, but will be by Fall):

Geography 430   Global Environments of the Quaternary (3).  Physical and biotic evidence of climate and environmental history over the two to three million year period that humans have inhabited Earth.  Geographical and temporal patterns of change, drivers of change, and interrelationships with human society.
(DE) Recommended background: Geography 131 or consent of instructor.

I hope to see you in my new class!

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor