Please excuse the cross-posting, but we felt it would be appropriate to get the word out before conference.

Due to the approval of the two LIS faculty positions in the School of Information Science & Learning Technologies (SISLT) coming late in the year, we will not be able to interview candidates at the ALISE conference in Boston.  We are profoundly sorry about this; however, we have been apprised that to do so would violate EEOC laws.  We must wait until January 19, 2010, to begin reviewing and screening applicants as stated in the job announcement.

So, the positions are still open. We can encourage people to apply and answer questions about our school, but we can’t actually interview, either officially or unofficially.

Again our apologies.

---

Denice Adkins, Associate Professor

School of Information Science & Learning Technologies, University of Missouri