I really like Jean-François Blanchette's syllabus.
I don't really have have the time now to compare it against Richard Cox's doctoral seminar syllabus, but I believe it's a good complement to Dr. Cox's reading list.

Bernie Sloan

--- On Mon, 1/18/10, Jean-Francois Blanchette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Jean-Francois Blanchette <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: On learning about how to be a faculty member
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, January 18, 2010, 5:09 PM

Hi,

Here's my take on a similar course, still very much work in progress:
http://polaris.gseis.ucla.edu/blanchette/298c/syllabus.pdf

It's important to note that I have only 10 weeks, to Richard's 15, to inflict a similar amount of damage. As well, this is my first stab at it, I am sure much in the syllabus will change after the first iteration of the course, to be taught next Spring.

Hope this helps,
Jean-François

--
Jean-François Blanchette, Assistant Professeur
Dept. of Information Studies, UCLA