I recently ran across a syllabus for a Pitt LIS doctoral seminar that I REALLY like:

Its main purpose is to give Pitt doctoral students a background in the culture of higher education, to help them learn about being a faculty member. I think it's really important that LIS doctoral grads go out into the real world of the academy with a good basic understanding of the higher education environment and culture.

I'm interested in learning how other LIS programs prepare their doctoral students to be future faculty. I'm not talking about letting doctoral students teach classes and/or do research. I'm talking about preparing them for their futures as fully functioning members of the higher education enterprise.

Thanks,

Bernie Sloan