Here are a few suggestions...
At San Jose we do not offer an advanced management course per se but do
offer [a] several individual courses beyond the required course (e.g.
Strategic HR, Marketing, Project Management, Financial Management,
Evaluation, Change Management, Planning, etc.); [b] an Executive stream
and [c] a Leadership course. Setting aside [a], we typically use Evans and
Ward Beyond the Basics for [b] as well as several ancillary works and for
[c] use Chemers, M. (1997). An integrative theory of leadership. Mahwah,
NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. and Kouzes, J. & Posner, B. (2008).  The
leadership challenge; How to keep getting extraordinary things done in
organizations. 6th edition. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. as well as
ancillary works specific to LIS (the Leadership course requires a book a
week for the first five weeks).
Happy to answer specific questions off list.
--Ken
Dr. Ken Haycock, Professor and Director
San Jose State University
Direct: 408.924.2491