-----Original Message-----
From: Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Blanche Woolls
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: On learning about how to be a faculty member

Most teachers and teacher librarians are members of either NEA or AFT,
considered a union (bargaining unit).
Most teachers and teacher librarians make more than many professors in
academic institutions with only a masters degree. They do make a higher
salary (most districts have salary scales) with more education, but it
isn't required.

Blanche