Job Title:
Endowed Chair in Innovative Learning Technologies

Deadline for Applying:
Priority deadline is March 1, 2010. Position open until filled.

Position Start Date:
Autumn 2010

Salary:
Competitive

Position Description:
The Endowed Chair in Innovative Learning Technologies (ILT) is a new position in the Morgridge College of Education (MCE) at the University of Denver (DU). This unique, interdisciplinary position is a collaborative appointment in the programs of Curriculum and Instruction and Library and Information Science at the Associate or Professor level. This is a 9-month appointment.

The ILT Chair will serve a central role in the development of the James C. Kennedy Institute for Educational Success along with three other new endowed chairs (Early Childhood Learning, Urban Education, and, Access to Higher Education). This development will include acquisition of external funding in support of the Institute's mission and goals. The Institute will be housed in our recently constructed technology-rich building (Katherine A. Ruffatto Hall), which provides high definition telepresence capabilities, smart classrooms, interactive whiteboards, and many other cutting edge technologies.

The ILT Chair will provide leadership to the MCE faculty, students, and community in curriculum development and research initiatives with an emphasis on the development of 21st century skills. The ILT Chair will be a leader in achieving the vision of learning environments that promote active learning, critical thinking, collaborative learning, and knowledge creation.

As a member of the MCE faculty, this person will be engaged in teaching, research, and, service. In keeping with the mission of the MCE, professional outreach and service is defined as collaboration with fellow faculty and community partners to understand and solve problems in communities. In MCE, we place particular emphasis on the value of engaged scholarship, which is described in the MCE Appointments, Promotion, and Tenure criteria (link).

The ILT Chair will be expected to acquire significant external funding in the area of innovative learning technologies in collaboration with MCE faculty, other DU programs, and, the communities we serve.

The University of Denver is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty to complement our diverse community and student body. DU strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its faculty.

Required Minimum Qualifications:
•	Earned doctorate (PhD or EdD)
•	Record of scholarly contributions, teaching, and professional service
Preferred/Desired Qualifications:
•	Tenurable at the Associate Professor or Professor level in the MCE
•	Record of acquisition of significant external funding
•	Evidence of visionary research and program development in the area of innovative learning technologies
•	Evidence of multidisciplinary collaboration, particularly in the STEM areas
•	Experience in a higher education environment

The ILT Chair will teach courses in the Library and Information Science and Curriculum and Instruction areas, course load and specific courses to be negotiated and to match the successful candidate's skills and research areas. The ILT chair will also advise students, including participation with doctoral dissertation committees.

Tenure-track level of scholarship is expected, and research related to innovative learning technologies is highly valued. The College has adopted Promotion and Tenure guidelines that explicitly value community-engaged scholarship and the scholarship of teaching as wella s more traditional research agendas. The ILT chair will serve on college-wide committees, as appropriate.

Reference to Position Statement:
The Library and Information Science Program, accredited by the American Library Association, has a unique curriculum leading to the MLIS that serves the rapidly changing needs of library students, information professionals and information entrepreneurs.  The Curriculum and Instruction Program includes certificates in Teacher Education and Gifted Education, in addition to master’s and doctoral degrees.

The Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver has been preparing leaders for a changing world for over 100 years. Steeped in a long tradition of education for the lifetime our MCE is uniquely positioned to provide educators, mental health professionals, librarians, and school, college, and community leaders to the world. We are proud to have graduates who are prepared to manage complex environments, negotiate competing views and perspectives, remedy injustice in our educational systems, and promote change and social equity.

For more information, please contact Mary Stansbury, chair of the ILT Search Committee, at [log in to unmask]

The University of Denver uses an online job application system:  http://www.du.edu/hr/employment/jobs.html

Mary Stansbury, PhD
Associate Professor & Program Chair
Library & Information Science
Morgridge College of Education, University of Denver
303-871-3217