I'm hoping that some of you might have recommendations about a textbook for
an advanced management class that I'll be teaching for the first time at
Wayne State University during the Spring/Summer term. The course will be
entirely online. I'd prefer using a textbook for this topic rather than a
series of articles, but I didn't have much luck finding one when I talked to
the library science publishers at the Boston ALA Midwinter Meeting. The few
leads were all published over five years ago. I use Evans and Ward
Management Basics for Information Professionals for the introductory course.
I like the fact that this text talks about "management mistakes" and
includes more substantive discussions than the earlier editions.

I'd be open to suggestions for a non-library text but want to avoid an
emphasis upon profit making activities.

Contacting me off-list might be better unless others also have interest in
this topic.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Dr. Robert P. Holley

Professor, School of Library & Information Science

Wayne State University

Detroit, MI 48202

248-547-0306 (phone)

313-577-7563 (fax)

 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] (email)