Apologies to STC members if you have already received this information!

Question to the listserv: Is DITA of enough interest to you to warrant more local programming on it? Please indicate your interest level: Low—just want to know what is going on around me; medium—could consider it for future reference; high—involved now or need to be.

Thanks!

Mary Knepper

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Dive into DITA with free webcasts from Scriptorium Publishing

Being introduced to new and valuable products and services is a benefit of STC membership.
The message below is being sent on behalf of Scriptorium Publishing, an STC Corporate Value
Program member, who is offering the following educational events free of charge to STC members.

If you cannot read the contents of this message, visit our website.

Illuminations: the email newsletter for Scriptorium Publishing

Dive into DITA with free webcasts from Scriptorium Publishing

Join Scriptorium Publishing this spring for three free webcasts that demonstrate tools for developing content and generating output based on the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) standard.

DITA features in MadCap Flare
January 19, 2010, 11 a.m.–noon Eastern time
Presented by Sarah O’Keefe, President

This webcast demonstrates how MadCap Flare supports DITA constructs, including mapfiles, conrefs, and relationship tables. The demo also covers exporting existing Flare projects to DITA.

DITA features in oXygen
February 16, 2010, 11 a.m.–noon Eastern time
Presented by Simon Bate, Senior Technical Consultant

This webcast offers an overview of the oXygen XML editor and demonstrates DITA-specific features, including inserting cross-references and conrefs, working with map files, applying conditions, and generating output.

DITA-FMx demo by Scott Prentice
March 16, 2010, Noon–1 p.m. Eastern time
Presented by Scott Prentice, President of Leximation Inc.

This webcast demonstrates using the DITA-FMx plugin with FrameMaker 9 to author, edit, and create output from DITA content. Topics covered during the demo include creating DITA topics using different options and templates, generating a map and topic “stubs” from a simple outline, and generating a book from the map and then saving to a PDF file.

Please join us for any—or all—of these DITA webcasts. They are all free, but registration for each is required. As an added bonus, you can win a free license of the tool shown during each demo.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

About Scriptorium

For companies that have large amounts of technical content, our consultants provide expert advice and collaborative development. Streamlining the publishing process results in cost reduction and quality improvements.

Unlike some of our competitors, we do not resell software, so we are free to recommend the best alternative for each client and deliver comprehensive implementation services.

We have expertise in all technologies required by our clients, and we transform abstract concepts into practical applications.

What's next?
Visit our events page for information on upcoming online classes, webcasts, and presentations.

Palimpsest
Scriptorium's blog is updated several times a week and documents everything from trends in technical publishing to the occasional bit of humor.

Stay in the loop
Follow ScriptoriumTech on Twitter to get the latest information about new titles, resources, and discounts from Scriptorium.

Scriptorium Publishing | Post Office Box 12761 Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 | (919) 481 2701 | [log in to unmask]

© 2010, Scriptorium Publishing Services. Legal Stuff