Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your browser.

College of Communication and Information

january 2010

College News

CCI Associate Dean McMillan named vice provost for academic affairs

Alumni SurveyDr. Sally McMillan has been named vice provost for academic affairs at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. McMillan began her new role on Jan. 4.
To read the full story, visit "McMillan".

355 make Dean's List

Campaign for UTThree hundred fifty-five students in the College of Communication and Information earned a spot on the dean's list for their academic achievement during the fall 2009 semester. Visit "Fall 2009 Dean's List" to view the list.

Alumni Survey finds cci grads well prepared for careers

Alumni SurveyAlumni of CCI programs find their degree programs prepared them well for specific career-related skills both at the beginning and throughout their careers.  For the complete story, visit "College Survey, part 3."

Watch the Scripps Convergence Lab Dedication Live online

On Friday, January 29, at 11:00 a.m. EST, the College of Communication and Information is proud to host VIPs from the Scripps Howard Foundation, E.W. Scripps and Scripps Networks Interactive to dedicate the new Scripps Convergence Lab. To watch the dedication online via streaming video, visit "Dedication webcast." Click here to read the event's press release.

Alumni & Friends

Board of Visitors spotlight - Paula Casey '75Casey

Paula Casey '75 is one of this month's spotlighted BOV members. Paula is a professional speaker, writer, editorial coordinator and producer who was the first person to graduate with a major in journalism and a minor in speech from the college.

+ read more

Board of Visitors spotlight - jim Sexton '81

SextonJim Sexton '81 provides a second BOV Spotlight for CPN. Jim is Senior Vice President and Editorial Director of Time, Inc. He shares fond memories of his time with the Beacon and the Yearbook.

+ read more

Faculty & Research

CICS receives $1 million grant to study value of academic libraries

TenopirA $1 million grant to study the value of academic libraries to students, faculty, policymakers, funders and others has been awarded by the Institute of Museum and Library Science (IMLS) to CCI's Center for Information and Communication Studies (CICS).

+ read more

UT cci - the center of collegiate online news

ICONNThe Intercollegiate Online News Network (ICONN) ties together news web sites from campuses around the nation. And it all began at the University of Tennessee.

+ read more

UT Logo

UPCOMING EVENTS

·         January 29 - Scripps Convergence Lab Dedication

·         February 4 - Alumni Reception in Chattanooga

·         February 11 - Alumni Reception at the TPA Winter Convention in Nashville

·         February 26 - 32nd Annual Research Symposium

·         March 5 - Board of Visitors Meeting

·         March 11 - Alumni Reception in Atlanta

The campaign for Tennessee update

2009 was a good year for the College of Communication and Information. As of the end of December, we have raised 61% of our $10 million goal. Thanks to the generosity of our alumni and friends, the college raised $653,549 during the 2009 calendar year. This is the second highest grossing fundraising year for CCI during the Campaign for Tennessee and we are very grateful to all our donors!

As we head into the final two years of the campaign, we are steadily moving toward our goal. With exciting projects such as the new CCI Auditorium’s Take-A-Seat Campaign, the Scripps Convergence Lab, and many other initiatives to help CCI students and faculty, we hope that you will choose to make a difference by supporting the college.

For more information on how you can make a contribution to the College of Communication and Information and the Campaign for Tennessee, please contact the college’s Office of Development at [log in to unmask] or 865-974-7073.

Give Now

Take A Seat Campaign

SCOOP

Facebook Twitter Tennessee Journal

WUTK

FullCircle

UT logo

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville | College of Communication & Information
432 Communications | 1345 Circle Park Drive | Knoxville, TN 37996-0332
Phone: 865.974.7073 | Fax: 865.974.4967
Website: cci.utk.edu | Email: [log in to unmask]