Thanks to a great member, I was questioned about the details of the
election process.  I'm sorry I didn't clarify this previously!

You do not need to submit an application or anything of that sort.

At the elections, please come with a short speech prepared about yourself,
why you want the position, any GK involvement, other involvement, etc.

When an office is called out you are interested in running for, if you
would like to run for that position, then you raise your hand and notify
the president.  Members are also welcome to nominate other members.

If you CANNOT attend the meeting due to a conflict, then you can submit a
letter to me, which I can read on your behalf.  Please list the positions
you are interested in, and rank them.  I will nominate you at the election.

I think that's about all.  We vote by majority at the meeting.

Please email me with any other questions!

Thanks,

Elisa Sugar
Corresponding Secretary