Thanks to our amazing Service Initiatives Director, Laurel King, we have a
great array of ideas for ornaments.

The great thing about these ideas is that those of you who cannot make the
meeting, you can create some ornaments on your own time (bring them to 109
Hoskins).  For the ideas below that are feasible to make in the UC
Hermitage Room (on the 3rd floor of the UC), bring supplies and we'll make
them together.

Remeber the meeting is at 6:30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday (November 12 &
13) in the UC Hermitage Room.

Here are some great ideas for ornaments, compliments of Laurel:

Glitter Ornaments
Trace a simple star or whatever design on paper (tape the paper to the
table). Lay wax paper over the top so you can see the design (also tape it
to the table). Put glue over the outline of the design and then sprinkle on
the glitter. Dry overnight and then peel from wax paper. Add a ribbon to
hang on tree.

Pipe Cleaner Ornaments
This is quite easy, you need pipe cleaners and tri-colored beads. Take the
pipe cleaner and thread on the beads so they nest together. We can make
different kinds of stars. To add to it you can weave ribbon with holes in
it through the pipe cleaner and between each bead.

Christmas Stars
Materials:  popsicle sticks, glue, glitter or salt, thread or ribbon
paint or colour popscycle sticks,
glue into star shape (see ideas below),
decorate with glitter glue, or glue and glitter, or glue and salt for
crystal effect, and
tie or glue a loop of thread or ribbon for the hanger.

Sugar Christmas Ornaments
Homemade Christmas ornaments made from sugar and glitter.
Materials - sugar, glitter, water, cookie cutters, yarn or ribbon, glue,
scissors
Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of glitter.
Stir in 1 teaspoon of water until evenly moist.
Press mixture into cookie cutters.
Gently tap the ornament onto a plate to dry overnight.
Cut enough thread or yarn to make a loop and glue a hanger onto the back of
each ornament.
Notes: Makes four ornaments. Add food coloring for a different look.

Christmas Star
Sweet gum pod/ball with stem, dried (without seeds)
Toothpicks
Spray paint in silver or gold
Glue
How To Make It:
Pick up sweet gum balls out of the yard. (we could use small styrofoam
balls from a craft store)
Break toothpicks into different lengths.
Glue toothpicks in the holes (pointed end out) of the sweet gum balls.
Spray paint silver or gold. Any color will do.
Place on your tree or in an arrangement.

See you all soon!

Elisa Sugar
Correspondence Secretary