Thanks to an amazing member, I was reminded that we will be collecting
canned foods at Induction!

Bring by canned foods from 5pm to 7:30pm Thursday night to the UC
Auditorium (Nov. 21).

Also, we will be inducting Knoxville's Second Harvest Food Bank as an
Honorary Member of Golden Key to show our support for feeding the homeless,
Golden Key's service initiative this year.  We will be presenting the
canned foods that we raise, so please bring as many as you can!  We want to
make a good impression and show our support!

Thanks, GK!

FANTASY OF TREES:

Would you like to help decorate our tree on Saturday, November 23rd?  We
need your help!  We will be meeting at 12pm at the Knoxville Convention
Center to decorate.  If you can't come right at 12pm, just get there as
soon as you can.  Look for Golden Key's tree (theme:  Wish upon a star).
It goes until 4pm, but the closer you get there to 12pm, the better.

The Fantasy of Trees Chairperson is Katie Davenport, our Webmaster.  She
will be there, and if you have any specific questions, email her at

Things to bring:  money for snacks/food, wire pliars, hot glue guns, any
lights or decorations you may have!

Directions to the New Convention Center:

Beginning from UT campus:
1. Hop on the orange trolley and take it to Henley St
     where it makes a stop at the UT Conference Center.
     walk just past the conference center and you will see
     the overhead walkway which takes you across
     Henley St. Cross the bridge and the Holiday Inn Hotel
     and Convention Center will be right there. There is
     an entrance on this side of the building at which
     there will be volunteers to direct you to where we are.

2. Hop on the green trolley and take it to 11th Street.
     It makes a stop at the 11th St. Espresso/Coffee House
     where you should get off. If you are not familiar with
     the coffee house you might ask the driver to let you
     off there. Once off, walk a short distance on the U driveway
     off the Knoxville Museum of Art (KMA) and Candy Factory.
     You will see a bridge/walk which is located to the right
     of the KMA and Candy Factory. Follow this bridge to
     the end. On your left will be the Holiday Inn Hotel and
     Convention Center. There is an entrance on this side
     of the building at which there will be volunteers to direct
      you to where we are.

3. If you are driving:
     beginning at the Hill from Cumberland Ave, drive east
     toward downtown Knoxville. Be watching for 11th St on
     your left (1.5 blocks). Turn left at the light and continue up
     the hill until you reach the entrance driveway on the right
     to the Knoxville Museum of Art (KMA) and Candy Factory.
     Turn right and follow the drive slowly. There will be a parking
      lot on your left.  You will see a bridge/walk which is located to the
right
     of the KMA and Candy Factory. Walk/ follow this bridge to
     the end. On your left will be the Holiday Inn Hotel and
     Convention Center. There is an entrance on this side
     of the building at which there will be volunteers to direct
      you to where we are.

      If the lot is filled, etc:
      1. The Locust St. Parking Garage which is located just
          Clinch Ave and Locust St.

When you arrive volunteers will direct you to the main ballroom floor where
all of the trees will be.  We will be among the freestanding trees.

Thanks!

Elisa Sugar
Corresponding Secretary