Attention Golden Key member:

Our chapter is known for its extensive community service work in Knoxville.
Are you ready to carry on this tradition and get involved? Are you ready to
MAKE A DIFFERENCE? For a small amount of time and effort you can make a
significant impact in our community! Be a true VOLUNTEER and help the
Knoxville area needy and homeless with Golden Key for Make a Difference Day
2002.

There are several various activities planned, allowing you multiple ways to
help our chapter this year. You can give as much or as little of your time
as you would like. Here are the five different ways to help Golden Key in
your community:

1. Serve dinner at the Salvation Army. Wednesday, Oct. 30 from 4:30-6:00,
right before our membership meeting. You don't have to bring food or cook,
we simply serve dinner to the homeless at this shelter.

2. Donate food, money to purchase the meal, or help serve dinner at the
Volunteer Ministry Center. Friday, Nov. 1 from 3:30-6:00. At this center we
actually provide the food, cook it in their kitchen, and serve it to about
100 homeless people. If you are not able to make it during this time, but
would still like to help provide the meal, donations for groceries will be
accepted at our membership meetings.

3. Stop by Kroger on Kingston Pike (the one closest to campus, by Mayo
Garden Center) and drop off canned foods in the bins at the check-out
lanes. Canned foods may also be donated at our membership meeting or in our
advisor Crystal Gilreath's office at 109 Hoskins. All food will be donated
to Second Harvest Food Bank.

4. Donate over-the-counter medicine such as Neosporin, cough drops, cough
syrup, cold and headache relievers, and LOTS of white socks. Winter and
cold season is quickly approaching and the Volunteer Ministry Center needs
your help collecting these items for the homeless! Drop off these items at
membership meeting or in Crystal's office.

5. Work for an hour or two at a thrift store tailored to help the poor and
needy for Knox Area Rescue Ministries. The store is open from 8 AM to 8 PM
Monday through Saturday and is very flexible with time and date you can
help.

As you can see, there are a variety of activities and ways available for
you to help out. An act as simple as donating a can or a dollar to supply
food at a shelter, to giving a couple of hours to serve food would be
greatly appreciated. All locations that we will be providing service at are
fairly close to campus, and if you don't have a ride, one can be provided.
Please contact me at [log in to unmask] for more information, if you'd like to
help, or if you need a ride. We will be accepting all donations until
Friday, Nov.1. Please take some time to improve the Knoxville community and
Make a Difference in someone else's life!

Thank you,
Laurel King

Service Initiatives Director
Golden Key International Honour Society
University of Tennessee-Knoxville Chapter