]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

STEMEDSEMINARSERIES Home

STEMEDSEMINARSERIES  2023

STEMEDSEMINARSERIES 2023

Welcome to the 2023 STEM Education Seminar Series!

Joshua Rosenberg <[log in to unmask]>

UTK's STEM Education Seminar Series <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 15 Aug 2023 16:16:55 -0400

text/plain

Hi everyone, and welcome to the 2023 STEM Education Seminar Series!

This message is the first of the year - and the first using this listserv. If you have received one (or more) notices/messages today as I worked to get the listserv up and running, my apologies about that.

As a bit of background, this is the second year of the STEM Education Seminar Series. The series is meant to allow researchers across campus to share their work in a constructive, friendly, interdisciplinary venue. It is open to participation from STEM education researchers at any career stage and to members of the wider Knoxville community (and beyond). For the past two years, the series has been coordinated by Kristin Rearden, Yolanda Kirkpatrick, and me (Joshua Rosenberg). This Fall, Amanda Garner will also be contributing.

For the Fall 2023 semester, there are five events planned, all on Thursdays:

- Thursday, September 7, 12 - 1 pm - Doctoral student lightning talks
- Thursday, September 28, 3 - 4 pm - CRRAFT project presentations
- Thursday, October 19, 12 - 1 pm - Dr. Desmond Stubbs
- Thursday, November 9, 3 - 4 pm - Dr. Maryrose Weatherton
- Thursday, December 7, 12 - 1 pm - TBD

In addition to this message, we will share reminders around one week before each event. Lastly, we'll send out calendar events; use these only if they're helpful to you.

That's all for now; please reach out with any questions and ideas for this semester and beyond. You can send a message to the entire listserv ([log in to unmask]) or to me or one of the other STEM Education Seminar Series members involved with the coordination.

Sincerely,
Joshua Rosenberg