IEEE WoWMoM 2019
Announcement and Preliminary Joint Call for Contributions
9-12 June 2019, Washington DC, USA
CALL FOR PAPERS
SCOPE AND OVERVIEW
IEEE WoWMoM 2019 is soliciting original and previously unpublished papers
addressing research challenges and advances in the areas of wireless, mobile,
and multimedia networking as well as ubiquitous and pervasive systems. The
evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in future
Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities for distributing
multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling dissemination of
professional contents to mobile users as well as sharing user-generated contents
among them. Users will be able to retrieve, publish, and manage information,
communicate with other users or devices, access and author services, and create
and exploit context-awareness. Papers that present original work, validated by
experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical experiences
and experimental efforts from both industry and academia, duly documenting the
lessons learned from testbeds, field-trials, or real deployments, are also
Papers are invited which address new and previously unpublished results in the
- Ad-hoc, sensor, mesh and vehicular wireless networks
- Content-centric architectures for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Cognitive communications and networking
- Dependability and survivability issues for wireless, mobile
and multimedia networks
- Energy-efficiency for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Internet/Web of Things
- Localisation, tracking, and mobility management and services
- Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Mobile applications and services over 5G networks
- Mobile big data networking and services
- Mobile cloud computing
- Mobile applications and services over 5G networks
- Mobile edge computing
- Mobile health networking
- Mobile network traffic characterization and measurements
- Mobile social networks
- Modelling, analysis, and performance evaluation
- Network virutalisation and software-defined wireless networks
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks
- Participatory, mobile and urban sensing
- Resource management for QoS/QoE provisioning
- RFID, NFC, and Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications
- Satellite and space networking
- Seamless inter-networking and self-organisation
- Security, trust and privacy issues for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- System prototypes, measurements, real-world deployment, and experiences
- Underwater wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Virtual mobile infrastructure
- Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
- Wireless multimedia systems, services and applications
- Wearable Computing
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
All submissions must describe original research, not published or currently
under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS.
Please refer to the conference website for the detailed submissions instructions,
including the type of papers that can be submitted.
For accepted papers, attendance and presentation by one of the authors is
mandatory. Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend
the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included in the
proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2019 and submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore.
All conference proceedings must meet IEEE's quality standards, and IEEE reserves
the right not to publish any proceedings that do not meet these standards.
WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude a paper from distribution after
the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at
the conference for unjustified reasons.
Selected Papers will be considered for a special issue of the Elsevier journal
of Pervasive and Mobile Computing (PMC).
IMPORTANT DATES (tentative)
The detailed schedule for paper submissions will be published soon on the
website. Tentative dates are as follows:
Abstract submission: End of November, 2018
Full manuscript due: Early December, 2018
Acceptance notification: Mid March, 2019
Camera-Ready version due: Mid April, 2019
Conference Dates: 9-12 June, 2019
WORKSHOPS AND AFFILIATED EVENTS
WoWMoM 2019 will offer a four-day technical program including keynote speeches,
hot-topic panel sessions, tutorials, demonstrations, and PhD forum. Several
workshops will be held in conjunction with the symposium. Workshop papers will
be included and indexed in the IEEE Digital Library (IEEE Xplore), showing their
affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM. The conference will also provide a high quality
social events program, including a welcome reception and a gala dinner.
Technical demonstrations in the areas of wireless, mobile, and multimedia
networking as well as ubiquitous and pervasive systems are solicited.
Submissions from both industry and academia are strongly encouraged.
The extended abstracts of accepted demonstrations will be included in the
proceedings of WoWMoM 2019.
IEEE WoWMoM 2019 will host a PhD Forum providing an opportunity to PhD students
for presenting their dissertation research, recently finished or still ongoing.
The forum encourages the interaction among PhD students, and helps them to
obtain feedback from senior researchers from academia, industry, and government.
Accepted extended abstracts of presented posters will appear in the conference
KEYNOTES AND PANELS
WoWMoM 2019 will offer a range of exciting keynotes and panels on hot emerging
topics in the area of wireless, mobile and multimedia networks. Information
about keynotes and panels will be posted in due time.
For all the affiliated events, please refer to the WoWMoM 2019 website for the
specific calls, submission instructions and dates.