Font:

LISTSERV Archives

OITEVENTS Home

OITEVENTS  2017

OITEVENTS 2017

Laurel Substation Switching on 11/17/17

"McCarter, Jim (Jim)" <[log in to unmask]>

McCarter, Jim (Jim)

Wed, 15 Nov 2017 21:22:05 +0000

text/plain

UTFS Alert.  We will be switching circuits at Laurel Substation on Friday, November 17, 2017.

As a reminder, we receive our power at Laurel on KUB circuits DA11 and DA21.  We have been experiencing the power flickers on DA11, which normally feeds UT circuits LA01 and LA02.  While all Laurel circuits were switched together on KUB DA21, along with KUB we found where an insulator and switch had been arcing on the UT side of the distribution for DA11, which is the likely cause of the recent power flickers.  This has been corrected.

We inspected the distribution for DA21 and the same situation is present on DA21.  Friday's switching operation will first transfer all UT Laurel circuits to DA11 so the modification can be made to DA21.  Following the modification all circuits will be switched back to their normal distribution.

The first switching operation to switch all buildings to DA11 is scheduled for 10:30 AM, Friday, November 17, 2017.

Modifications will then be made to DA21.

The second switching operation is scheduled for 2:30 PM, Friday, November 17, 2017.  This operation will put all buildings fed from Laurel Substation back on their normal circuits.

While it is anticipated there will be no affect to UT buildings, there is the possibility of a momentary loss of power.  We will have personnel on site to restart equipment and systems should anything happen.

The following buildings are fed from Laurel Substation:

11th Street Parking Garage
Blount Hall
Carriage House
Early Learning Center - Research & Practice
Fibers & Composites Manufacturing Facility
Hoskins Library Chiller Building
James D Hoskins Library
Jessie W. Harris Building
Law Complex: George C Taylor Wing
Law Complex: Law Library and Classroom
Mossman Building (13th and Cumberland)
Panhellenic Building
Senter Hall
Ayres Hall
Dabney-Buehler Hall
Min H. Kao Electrical Engineering & Comp
Science and Engineering Building
South College
Alumni Memorial Building
Austin Peay Building
Burchfiel Geography Building
Dougherty Engineering Building
Earth and Planetary Sciences Building
Ferris Hall
Hesler Biology Building and Greenhouse
Nielsen Physics Building
Perkins Hall
Walters Life Sciences Building
Fred D. Brown Jr. Residence Hall
Laurel Residence Hall
Orange Hall
White Hall
Frank G. Clement Hall
Strong Hall
White Avenue Parking Garage

If you experience issues please call Facilities One Call at (865) 946-7777.

Or feel free to contact Terry Ledford ([log in to unmask]) or Cesar Penalba ([log in to unmask]).

To join/leave the list or browse past event notifications, please see
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/oitevents.html

For information and support, please contact:

OIT HelpDesk  (865) 974-9900