Call for workshop proposals - WMNC 2015
The WMNC 2015 Organizing Committee is pleased to invite proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the main conference which will take place in Porto, Portugal from October 5th to 7th, 2015. WMNC 2015 workshops will provide spaces allowing participants to discuss technical and scientific topics in a climate that promotes the active exchange of ideas.
We invite proposals for workshops in relevant and current topics in:
- Wireless and Mobile Communications and Networks
- Internet Wireless Access
- Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks
- Ad hoc and Opportunistic Networks.
- Vehicular Networks.
- Internet of Things.
- Applications and Services over Wireless and Mobile Networks
The scope of the proposal should be consistent with the conference themes as described in the WMNC 2015 Topic of Interests (http://www.wmnc2015.com/)
- Workshop proposal submission deadline: June 20, 2015 (23:59 European Standard Time)
- Acceptance notification: June 30, 2015
- Workshops dates: October 5-7, 2015
In the proposal, be aware that papers will be included in the workshop proceedings and IEEE digital library.
The proposals should be organized as follows:
- A concise workshop title and acronym
- The names and affiliations of the organizers, including email address, homepage, and experiences in organizing these events
- A paragraph description of the workshop topic and themes.
- Motivation on why the topic is of particular interest at this time
- A description of the workshop format: How many papers do you hope to present, how many invited speakers, type of activities such as short paper presentation, invited talks, demos, posters, etc., and an approximate timeline. If possible, breaks should be synchronized with scheduled breaks.
- Intended audience and expected number of participants.
- A tentative list of (potential) members of the program committee (with indication of whether PC members have already been contacted and/or have expressed interest.)
- Requested duration (half day or full day)
- Past versions of the workshop, including URLs as well as submission and acceptance statistics.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by experienced WMNC Delegates and acceptance will be based on:
- The quality of the workshop proposal.
- The quality of the workshop (based on the workshop contents and the scientific and technical interest of the topics in relation to the WMNC 2015 audience).
- The balance and distinctness of topics across all workshops
- The potential for attracting a sufficient number of participants.
- The history of past attendance for non-first-time workshops
- The applicants' demonstrated ability to lead a successful workshop and the capacity of the conference workshop program
If two or more workshop proposals cover the same topic only 1 (one) will be accepted based on the above criteria
Workshop proposals, written in English, should be no more than five pages in length (11pt with reasonable margins) and must be in PDF.
The workshop proposals should be submitted by email to the workshop chair ([log in to unmask])
- Jaime Lloret, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
To contact the workshop chairs, please email: [log in to unmask]