Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CH35DEP Home

CH35DEP  August 2014

CH35DEP August 2014

Items of Interest

Office of Veterans Affairs <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 25 Aug 2014 12:45:29 +0000

*******MEDAL OF HONOR********

WBIR is inviting all active/reserve/guard military, all veterans, and all civilians in our community to come out to WORLD’S FAIR PARK FESTIVAL LAWN in Downtown Knoxville on
Wednesday, Sept. 10th at 3:45 pm  to welcome the Medal Of Honor Recipients as they depart on buses to attend the first event (which is private for only the Recipients and their guests) of the MOH Convention in Knoxville.  Below are the details that WBIR has asked that I share with all of you.  Please forward this email on to family, friends, and anyone you feel would like to welcome these heroes to Knoxville!  Remember to make your signs and banners!!!  If you plan to attend, please rsvp to Kara McFarland at WBIR at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>   See below for more details on this event.
WBIR’s MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENT WELCOME
Please join WBIR as we welcome to Knoxville Medal of Honor Recipients arriving from across the country for their annual convention! If you plan to attend this gathering, kindly rsvp to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
DETAILS

WHERE:      World’s Fair Park Festival Lawn
WHEN:        Wednesday, September 10th – arrive by 3:45pm
WHAT:         Join WBIR at World’s Fair Park Festival Lawn in downtown Knoxville as they welcome Medal of Honor recipients from across the country and thank them for their service.
DETAILS:     The Medal of Honor Recipients will be bused over Clinch Ave. bridge at 4:30pm -  welcome, salute and wave to them as them embark on their first evening of the Medal of Honor Convention
WHAT TO BRING:            Make and bring your “welcome/thank you for your service” signs
ACTIVE DUTY/RETIRED MILITARY:    Please consider wearing your uniforms

*************MARINE MUD RUN****************

Please see the attached flyer for the Marine Corps League’s Annual Mud Run taking place on Saturday, Sept. 13th at Melton Hill Park.  They need more teams to sign up, so head to their website www.knoxmud.org<http://www.knoxmud.org> and see what this fun event is all about.  The Marine Corps League is once again challenging ETMAC members to form teams and get down and dirty on Sept. 13th.

Please pass along to anyone you feel wants to race in the mud for a great cause.

******POW MIA RUN ********

The Air Force Sergeants Association #479 (AFSA) has asked that I send you the attached flyer regarding a 12-hour POW/MIA Walk/Run taking place on Saturday, Oct. 11th at 7:00 am until
7:00 pm.  The event will be held at Fort Sanders Health and Fitness Center located at 270 Fort Sanders West Blvd., Knoxville, TN  37922.  Please see the attached flyer for more information on registering.  You may also contact Timothy Fry at 636-358-7627 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Please forward this on to anyone you feel would be interested.

***********Looking for Veterans to Volunteer*******

Hello!
Caris Healthcare provides end of life care.  Our patients live in homes, assistant living and nursing facilities.  We have a program called "We Honor Veterans." were we try to place volunteers who are veterans with our patients who are veterans.  We know that veterans have special needs that only another veteran can understand.

I would love to come talk about the opportunity to become a volunteer to be assigned to a veteran who is our patient.

I look forward to hearing back from you.  Please feel free to email or call my cell number.  Have an excellent day!

Patty McGrew
Volunteer Coordinator, Caris Healthcare
Hospice: Your Life, Our Mission
865-694-4988<tel:865-694-4988> or 865-335-6423<tel:865-335-6423> cell
10651Coward Mill RD
Knoxville, TN 37931
[log in to unmask]<https://tmail.utk.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=aT_jCoRXW02S13K9Vf8sD7GJUvT3k9EIpOWXQYtl8R7uCorBLBwy4ftjdNiCt2LmEayE6L2-3Hk.&URL=mailto%3apmcgrew%40carishealthcare.com>

Caris is Committed to being Your World Class Hospice

To view the archives or Join/Leave the CH35DEP list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/ch35dep.html