SSSP-G August 2012

Grad Events at SSSP

Mandy Frake-Mistak <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:18:01 -0400

text/plain

Hello Grad Students!

It is always astounding just how quickly the summer seems to pass! Our
annual SSSP conference is just around the corner.  We would just like to take
a moment to remind you of a few of the opportunities that SSSP offers to its
graduate students. We strongly encourage you to attend everything you can.

1)	The new member’s breakfast will be held on Thursday August 16th at
7:15am. I know it is early but the food and opportunities to mix and mingle
with fellow SSSP members makes it very worthwhile indeed!

2)	This is immediately followed by the Graduate student meeting (8:30 –
 10:10) which will give all graduate student members a voice and space to be
heard and taken seriously. We hope that all graduate student members will
take advantage of this time and join us.

3)	The graduate student social is another space to connect with fellow
graduate student members. This will be held Thursday August 16th at 10p –
11pm. SSSP has generously provided us with $750 towards the cost of drinks.
There are additional networking opportunities in the welcoming reception and
the division-sponsored reception so be sure to keep your eyes open for dates
and times. Please consult the online program for additional details and
locations.

4)	In addition to these ‘grad student’ specific events, you may also
consider attending any number of the receptions (e.g. Division Sponsored,
Past Presidents Reception) where there will also be food and drink available.

We are very excited about this year’s conference and hope that we have a
chance to meet all of you. We really can’t stress enough the value of
participation. Should you be seeking a way to become more involved within
SSSP or simply wish to be present and listen to the goings on of student life
within the conference, we encourage you to come! SSSP takes the voice of
its graduate student body very seriously and so this is a fantastic opportunity
to make sure that yours is heard. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any
reason!!

All the best!! See you in Denver.

Mandy Frake-Mistak			Patrick O’Brien
[log in to unmask] 		[log in to unmask]