A reminder that nominations are due July 15th, 2011.
Nominations are invited for:
The ALISE Award for Professional Contribution to Library and Information Science Education
Winners will receive one complimentary registration to the ALISE annual conference
* Evidence of regular and sustained service that promotes and strengthens the broad areas of library/information science education through the holding of appropriate offices and positions within the profession (30 points)
* Contributions which promote and enhance the status of library/information science education (30 points)
* Evidence of leadership and initiative in dealing with issues related to library/information science education (40 points)
2011 Nominations should consist of:
* A Nomination Letter (electronically) describing the ways in which the nominee fulfills the criteria as advertised, accompanied by
* Appropriate Supporting Documentation, e.g., letters of recommendation and/or names of references which address the criteria listed above and provide such evidence, a resume of the nominee or a description of his/her appropriate activities and contributions.
The Committee may solicit more information, if necessary.
Papers must be received no later than July 15, 2011. They should be emailed as an attachment in Word format to:
Eileen McElrath, Ph.D.
Texas Woman's University
Chair, The ALISE Award for Professional Contribution to Library and Information Science Education
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>