YMCA Volunteering!

Katrina Dorse <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Oct 2010 02:35:22 -0400

text/plain

Hello everyone!

Thank you guys so much for volunteering your time to work with the youth in
the Knoxville area! Last week we volunteered with the Iraqi refugees at the
Cansler YMCA and we had such a great time with the kids. If anyone is uneasy
or unsure if they would be of any help PLEASE DONT BE! :) There were about 7
youth there from about 8th grade to 10th grade and they can all speak
English they just need help with words that dont necessarily make sense in
Arabic. They are very playful and the most we did with them was a crossword
puzzle with words that they had to find and we had them tell us what the
words meant which was pretty easy for most of them. So if there is anyone
that still might be interested in volunteering with us tomorrow Wednesday
October 14th it is located at the Cansler YMCA on Jessamine Street and I
will again be carpooling from Greve Hall at 3:30-3:45pm for anyone that
needs a ride! Volunteering starts at 4:00pm and it ends around 5:30 pm so I
hope to see you there! :)

Thanks,

Katrina Dorse

The Youth Outreach Program is a project of TeamVOLS - The Volunteer Center
315A University Center | 1502 W. Cumberland Ave. | (865) 974-8481 | [log in to unmask]

To view the Youth Outreach Program archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/teamvols-youth.html