Golden Key announcements

jszeto <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:51:00 -0500

text/plain

Included in this email is a recap of the meeting on Tuesday, January 18, 2005,
and information on SGA interest meeting.

******

Golden Key Meeting
January 18, 2005

Sophomore recognition is coming up. If you have any ideas or would like to
help with this event e-mail Carl, [log in to unmask]

If you know Spanish and enjoy teaching it to others then we could use your
help in teaching kids Spanish. For more information on this e-mail Carl,

Green School after school tutoring will be starting back up on January 31.
This runs from Monday-Thursday from 3-5. You can choose one or more days to
come per week and directions to the school are on our website
http://web.utk.edu/~gkihs. For more information on this e-mail Rachel,

If you would like to help out with Green School in other events contact Ms.
Vivian Williams, [log in to unmask] or call her at 594-1500.

On Feb 11-12 we need students to volunteer to take one or two Green School
kids to some of their classes from 11-2. If you can do this please contact
Jennifer, [log in to unmask]

Teach for America is currently recruiting around campus. This is for any and
all majors. In addition to a regular teaching salary and benefits you will
receive $9400 credit toward paying off student loans or future university
endeavors. There is an interest meeting this Thursday at 7:00 at the UC for
all those interested.

Our chapter is switching to a points system. This means that the more active
you get the more benefits you can get such as free graduation chords and
stoles and recognition at chapter events. See our webpage for more information
on t his system http://web.utk.edu/~gkihs

We are currently forming the following committees for this semester, if you
are interested in one please e-mail the person listed with the committee.

Community Service, this includes activities with Austin East, Green School,
and Trail Work. [log in to unmask]
Sponsor Development, this is a great way to make contacts with business as
well as helping our chapter gain extra funds from different businesses.
Fundraising, we need help with ideas, staffing tables, and working on
different projects. [log in to unmask]
Publicity, we need help chalking, and hanging flyers, making new T-shirts, we
need a new design. [log in to unmask]
Publications, if you would like to write and article for the newsletter or our
international magazine Concepts then please e-mail [log in to unmask]
Social, we need help in advertising for some of the larger social events,
e-mail [log in to unmask]

If you are interested in running for a position on the board we will be having
officer shadowing this semester, so contact the current officer so you can
learn more about what this position entails.

We have a position open on the board. If you would like to run for Treasurer
please e-mail Jennifer for more information, [log in to unmask]

If you have any ideas on what you would like to see this semester please
e-mail Jennifer, [log in to unmask]

Our next meeting is Feb 8 in room 203

******

Good opportunity to get inVOLved on campus... aside from Golden Key, that is.
:)
Jennifer

>===== Original Message From Sarah Ott <[log in to unmask]> =====

Interested in making a visible contribution to the University of Tennessee?
Want to become an active part of the Student Government Association? Thursday,
January 27 SGA is hosting an interest meeting for anyone interested in
learning about ways to get involved. There will be representatives on hand
from the Student Senate, Student Services, and from the Election Commission
available for questions.

There will two interest meetings on the 27th, one at 5:00 PM and one at 7:00
PM to accommodate a range of schedules. If you have any questions, please
contact [log in to unmask]

We encourage any and everyone to check out these meetings! It only takes a
desire and motivation to make a huge difference.

Sincerely,
Camellia Meehan and Troy Weston

have an awesome day! ~jcszeto