]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GKUTK Home

GKUTK  November 2004

GKUTK November 2004

GK End of the Semester Update (& fundraiser)

jszeto <[log in to unmask]>

jszeto <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:41:09 -0500

>===== Original Message From Jennifer LeBlanc Gridley <[log in to unmask]> =====
First of all, I hope you still have your certificate and assorted information
that came with it.  In there is your membership number, which is your key to
your Golden Key members only benefits.  Check out the international website at
http://www.goldenkey.org for more information, or to retrieve a lost number.

We are not going to the national park this Saturday, as was originally
scheduled.  We did not have enough people to overcome safety concerns (need
about 15).  We will be doing the river cleanup the second week in December,
for any of you who will remain in the area.  Details will be forthcoming as
they are known.

Golden Key is signed up to Adopt a Campsite in the spring.  We will be
starting early in the spring semester, so be looking for more about when.  Let
us show America that young adults care enough about the environment to take
care of it.  (Because I know you do.)  Please contact Grant ([log in to unmask])
to get on the interest list.

We'll also be Adopting Austin East Magnet High School.  We will be giving a
presentation to classes of about 20 students and taking questions about what
college is like.  We'll also be coming in after school to help fill out
applications and scholarship forms.  This is a great chance to help an inner
city kid navigate the foreign waters of college applications.  Come on, you
were there not too long ago.  Please contact Rachel ([log in to unmask]) to get on
the interest list.

And don't forget our Finals Care package fundraiser!  The flyer/order form is
attached in case you wanted to leave one, say, lying on the kitchen counter...
:)  All the essential school supplies and snack foods to make it through
finals... the medium and large collections have Red Bull too.  (Let's be
honest... it's the bomb for those brutal all-nighters we've all had to pull.)
The baskets are great for friends and student workers, too.  (Hint)

We will be having a holiday party and "white elephant" style gift exchange on
Dec 2 at 8pm at Laurel Apts - 1611 Laurel Ave.  Meet in the front lobby (2nd
floor) at 8pm.  Please RSVP if interested.  To participate in the gift
exchange, bring a gift (under $10) to trade.

In the spring, look for more Golden Keys that Haylee has stashed around
campus.  Bring them to meetings for prizes!  We gave away four gift
certificates, will you be next?  A calendar of some of the spring events is
attached as well so you can begin planning.  Also, look for our new website...
we'll announce it when it's up at the beginning of the semester.

We have several committees looking for new members: community service (Grant),
corporate development (Kristen), fundraising (Joslyn), recognition and
membership (Carl) and public relations (Haylee).  I've attached a contact list
for all of our officers, so you can look us up directly if you are interested
in a committee or our new officer shadowing program.  Officer shadowing lets
you see first hand how much time each office requires and what each office
does.  If you are interested in shadowing one of our officers, please contact
that officer directly.  They don't bite.  Well, they haven't bitten me yet!
And besides, they had to get their shots to come to UT just like you did. :)

We're looking for contributions to our newsletter and submissions for the
international magazine, Concepts, which is published annually.  Complimentary
copies are sent to all of our honorary members (potential employers and
colleagues) and are available at member request and online as well.

Honor cords and stoles for graduation are available at meetings or by
contacting Angi Smith ([log in to unmask]).  There is still time to get them for
December's commencement.

Congratulations to all of our members graduating in December.  For those of
you, like me, graduating in the spring or summer, good luck on your job
searching and/or grad school and professional school apps.  Remember, you
unlock your own future.

Stay tuned for more information about exciting Spring activities.  And keep in
touch.  If you have any ideas you'd like to develop, let us know.  In the
meantime, have a great month off and see you in the spring.  And for you
December grads... we hope your futures are all bright!  By the way, as a
lifetime member you will always enjoy the benefits of Golden Key, and are
still eligible to participate in our events and activities!

Thanks everyone... and if I don't see you at the holiday party, I'll see you
in the new year.

 Jennifer LeBlanc Gridley, Golden Key president

Jennifer LeBlanc Gridley

UTK Undergraduate, College Scholars program:
  microbiology, French, Spanish, Judaic studies
Golden Key Internat'l Honour Society, UTK Chapter President and
  Tennessee Help America Vote College Program Coordinator
Member: Omicron Delta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, Alpha Eplison Delta Honor
  societies, Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

The choices you make today determine the possibilities of tomorrow.

Jennifer LeBlanc Gridley

UTK Undergraduate, College Scholars program:
  microbiology, French, Spanish, Judaic studies
Golden Key Internat'l Honour Society, UTK Chapter President and
  Tennessee Help America Vote College Program Coordinator
Member: Omicron Delta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, Alpha Eplison Delta Honor
  societies, Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

The choices you make today determine the possibilities of tomorrow.

have an awesome day! ~jcszeto